This salad recipe is a “big win.” It takes the classic chicken and vegetable combo, adds in some heartier greens like watercress and farro, and turns it into an easy-to-make weekday meal. The big win comes from the protein–a mixture of blue cheese crumbles, pistachios, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds which give this dish a heavy dose of flavor without adding too many calories or carbs.
The “fattoush salad ottolenghi” is a traditional Middle Eastern dish that combines watercress, apple, and farro.
Blue Diamond is the sponsor of this content. All content and thoughts are all mine. Thank you for your continued support of the brands that make Broma possible!
Watercress, Farro, and Green Apple Chicken Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing is my new Summertime salad that will be on repeat in our home on a weekly basis. GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
This salad is quite easy to prepare and packed with vegetables, which I like. Watercress, microgreens, cucumber ribbons, green apples, black radishes (did you know this was a thing?! ), and farro are used to make this salad. Oh, and chicken thighs that have been cooked to a golden brown perfection.
So, let me just say that our new apartment has a Viking range, and it’s completely transformed the way I cook. I feel like a world-class chef since the heat is so consistent and fantastic. Lol.
But let’s go back to this salad. The “creamy” Avocado dressing is the true show-stopper. Avocado, lime juice, and Blue Diamond Unsweetened almondmilk make this dairy-free dish. Because of the avocado, it’s really creamy and thick, and when coupled with the almondmilk, it has a nice texture that reminds me of a creamy dressing. Only this version is healthier and composed entirely of veggies.
This dressing is delicious even if you aren’t dairy-free. Plus, have a look at that stunning green hue!!!
While watching the newest episode of Westworld, Alex and I ate this baby… Have you been following along? I wasn’t a huge fan of Season 1, but I’m really enjoying Season 2.
Anyway, just for the sake of appearance, this salad would be ideal for your next dinner party. I like the way it seems. And I’m sure your visitors will as well.
Watercress, green apples, farro, and a “creamy” dairy-free avocado dressing top this loaded green chicken salad. It’s ideal for summer get-togethers.
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2 lb. boneless chicken thighs
- season with salt and pepper to taste
- watercress, 4 cups
- microgreens (1 cup)
- 1 medium green apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3–4 thinly cut tiny black radishes
- 3 cucumbers, thinly cut lengthwise
- 2–3 cups cooked farro (I like more, but you can go either way!)
To make the “creamy” avocado dressing, combine the following ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- 1 avocado, tiny
- a quarter cup of lime juice
- Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original almondmilk, 1/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (white)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- a sprinkle of salt
to make the salad
- In a large cast-iron pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Season chicken thighs liberally with salt and pepper, then arrange skin-side down in pan.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes on each side, or until the skin is golden brown and the chicken is fully cooked. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside for at least 15 minutes before serving over salad. This will assist the chicken’s liquids remain in the meat, making it extra moist!
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, incorporate all other salad ingredients. Remove from the equation.
in order to dress
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and mix until smooth. If required, add 1 tablespoon of water. Place the chicken thighs on top of the salad and sprinkle with the dressing!
The “middle eastern salads ottolenghi” is a recipe for a salad that includes watercress, apple, and farro.
- ottolenghi greek salad
- ottolenghi pita salad
- fattoush salad with yogurt dressing
- ottolenghi fattoush jerusalem
- cucumber tomato yogurt salad ottolenghi