Slow cookers are famed for their convenience and this recipe is no different. The dish comes together in a fraction of the time it would take you to prepare on your stovetop or grill top, while still retaining all that good barbecue flavor. Serve with lightly dressed bok choy, crispy Asian slaw, and white rice.,
In this recipe, the chicken breasts are succulent and tenderized in a slow cooker with homemade barbecue sauce. The result is an easy-to-make sandwich that’s perfect for lunch or dinner on busy days.
The “asian pulled chicken slow cooker” is a recipe for barbecue pulled chicken sandwiches. The recipe calls for cooking the chicken in a slow cooker with soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar.
My mother accumulated enough points on her credit card during her undergraduate years that she was entitled to a free gift. She didn’t want anything from the gift catalog, so she handed it over to me and told me to choose whatever 500 points would get me. I skipped through the off-brand Snuggies and walnut chess sets, opting instead for the kitchen department. There, I discovered a great offer on a slow cooker.
I had exactly the right amount of points. So I placed an order for it. My slow cooker arrived in the mail a week later, and the rest is history. Thank you very much, Mom! I’ve used my slow cooker at least once a month since then. Slow cooking is the most passive style of cooking, yet it often produces the most delectable results.
Slow cooking chicken is one of my favorite things to do. It transforms into a succulent, tasty cut of meat that may be prepared in a number of ways. Today I’m offering a recipe for Asian BBQ Pulled Chicken in the Slow Cooker, which I serve with a cilantro purple cabbage salad for crunch. For a weekday meal, I cooked this BBQ pulled chicken and was blown away by how tasty it was. It also produced great leftovers.
How to make chicken pulled
Although Asian BBQ pulled chicken sounds sophisticated, all you have to do is combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours. The chicken will be cooked enough to shred about halfway through the cooking period. You have two choices for shredding the chicken:
Shred the chicken using a fork — This is the simplest way for creating pulled chicken, and if you use just two forks, you won’t have to use any additional dishes. Shredding the chicken will require a little elbow grease, but it shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.
In a stand mixer, shred the chicken – I know, it seems insane, but hear me out! Attach the whisk attachment to the bowl of a standing mixer and add just the chicken. Then, for 20 to 30 seconds, whip the chicken to shred it. Isn’t it brilliant? You’ll end up with a few more dishes, but you’ll save a lot of time.
Putting together the pulled chicken sandwiches
You may (finally!) construct the pulled chicken sandwiches after the slow cooker Asian chicken is thoroughly cooked and shredded. To do so, just follow these steps:
Toast the burger buns – I grilled my burger buns on the stove, but they may also be toasted in a toaster oven or in an oiled pan. Toasting the buns not only adds taste and texture, but it also improves the buns’ stay together. When creating pulled chicken sandwiches, you’ll need a firm bread since the BBQ pulled chicken is extremely wet.
Slaw on top – A hearty amount of cabbage slaw on top of any pulled chicken sandwich (Asian BBQ chicken or not) is essential. The creamy, crunchy slaw complements the rich chicken nicely, creating a sophisticated home dining experience.
Add sliced jalapeos – The jalapeos are completely optional, but spicy cuisine fans will love them. Pickled jalapeos from a can might also go well here.
OMG! Also, my wonderful buddy Davida of The Healthy Maven interviewed me for her podcast, That’s So Maven! We spoke about how I got started writing full-time, my opinions on working for yourself, and some business suggestions. I’d be ecstatic if you checked it out! I’ve been listening to all of Davida’s podcast episodes over the past two weeks, and I’m blown away by her interviewing abilities. Seriously, she is very gifted. You can listen to the podcast episode here, or search for “That’s So Maven episode 9” on iTunes.
Happy almost-weekend, everyone!
in the case of the asian chicken
- chicken breasts, 3 pound
- a quarter-cup of barbecue sauce
- a third cup of soy sauce
- a quarter cup of rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- brown sugar (two teaspoons)
- a quarter teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
for the cabbage slaw with cilantro
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- a half cup of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tblsp soy sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, finishing with the chicken. Cook for 6 hours on low heat, covered. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks or this incredibly quick method: put chicken in stand mixer with whisk attachment and turn on low speed after 3 or 4 hours. Within 20 seconds, the chicken will be shredded! It’s fantastic.
- Anyways. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and simmer for another two hours. When the chicken is tender to the touch and not chewy, it’s done.
- To create the cilantro cabbage slaw, throw all of the ingredients together in a large mixing basin. You may eat it right away or put it in a jar to pickle for up to a day (the purple of the cabbage will shed its color after that).
- To make the sandwiches, toast your favorite burger bread and fill it with Asian pulled chicken, cabbage slaw, and jalapeo slices (optional)
More simple meal dishes may be found at:
Spaghetti with White Wine and Cream Sauce of Roasted Tomatoes
Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Basil Pesto
Lentil Butternut Squash Stew
Ottolenghi’s Fattoush Salad reimagined
Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder with a Twist
Slow Cooker Asian BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches are a quick and easy meal that can be made in the slow cooker or on the grill. It’s an easy recipe for a delicious pulled chicken sandwich. Reference: slow cooker chicken sandwiches.
- pulled chicken recipe
- asian pulled chicken sliders
- asian bbq chicken sandwich
- spicy pulled chicken sandwich
- asian shredded chicken recipes