The Samoas ice cream sandwich cookies are a delicious product made by the Mars company. In this article, I will discuss their flavors and how they have become so popular among consumers worldwide. Additionally, I will touch on the effect of quality ingredients in creating tasty products that make people buy more.。
The “homemade ice cream sandwiches” is a delicious dessert that can be made quickly with ingredients found in your kitchen.
My sister Rebe and I used to go door to door selling Girl Scout Cookies. We’d get our red Radio Flyer Wagon out of the garage, load it up with colorful cookie boxes, and drive it around the block. We were such cookie monsters that I’m shocked we didn’t devour cookies on the way.
Thin Mints and Samoas were a tie for my favorite cookie (also known as Caramel deLites). I longed that great chocolate crunch on certain days, and sweet coconut caramel on others.
Rebe and my mother, on the other hand, were born and raised in Samoa. Rebe could eat eight in one sitting, if not more (I contacted her to check the number and she replied, “Yeah prob.”). She was a maniac. We even believed we were out of cookies one year until my mother discovered a secret box of Samoas, and we were overjoyed.
This year celebrates the 100th anniversary of Girl Scout Cookie sales, so I collaborated with my pals at Challenge Dairy to make this Samoa-inspired recipe in honor of the greatest boxed cookies available.
Challenge, a 100-year-old cooperative of California family-owned dairies, is pleased to distribute its goods all across the country. Visit www.challengedairy.com/where-to-buy to discover a store near you.
Since being an ambassador, I’ve been working with Challenge for six months and have utilized their butter in every dish. Their butter is great in baked items, from cakes to shortbreads.
These Samoas Ice Cream Sandwiches take a long time to make, but the end product is well worth the effort. In this copycat recipe that, in my opinion, rivals the original, a little patience goes a long way.
Of course, if you don’t like ice cream sandwiches, the cookies may be made without them. I kept a handful for myself to munch on during the week.
in order to make ice cream
for the shortbread cookies
- confectioner’s sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup unsalted, room temperature Challenge butter
- a half teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon extract de vanille
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose)
for the caramelized coconut
because of the chocolate
- 2 cups chocolate chips, dark (GUYS, IT’S DARK.) Bittersweet and semisweet will be overly sweet.)
- coconut oil (two tablespoons)
ice cream should be frozen.
- Cover the sides and bottoms of a 9′′x13′′ baking pan thoroughly with plastic wrap. Place softened ice cream in pan and press it down with the back of a flat-bottomed saucepan until it is completely molded to the pan. Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.
bake some cookies
- Cream the confectioner’s sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla extract in a standing mixer equipped with a paddle attachment until creamy, approximately two minutes. Allow 20 seconds for the gluten to develop after adding the flour.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes after wrapping it in plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- On a work area, lay down a huge sheet of plastic wrap. Place a huge piece of plastic wrap on top of the dough, then another large piece of plastic wrap on top of that. Roll dough between two pieces of plastic wrap to 1/8-inch thickness using a rolling pin.
- Cut biscuits using a 2.5-inch biscuit cutter and lay them on prepared cookie sheets. Excess dough should be reformed into a ball, then rolled out and cut into additional cookies. There should be 30 cookies in total. Once the cookies are on the baking sheet, cut out the centre using the open end of a big metal piping tip. They must resemble donuts!
- Allow biscuits to cool fully on cookie sheet after baking for 10 minutes.
prepare a caramelized coconut
- Heat the sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until fully melted, stirring the pan every 20 seconds or so. Remove from heat and mix in butter right away. The mixture will erupt in a flurry of bubbles. You’re doing everything correctly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream and the sugar. Stir until everything is well blended. Add the coconut flakes and mix well. Allow for a 20-minute cooling period.
- It’s time to get out the plastic wrap once again! Cover the work surface with a thick sheet of plastic wrap. Place a huge piece of plastic wrap on top of the caramel, then another large piece of plastic wrap on top of that. Roll caramel between two pieces of plastic wrap to 1/8-inch thickness using a rolling pin.
- Cut out circles of caramel using a biscuit cutter. Place on cooled shortbread and press into the middle with a finger.
chocolate should be melted
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a double boiler. Dip the bottom of each biscuit into melted chocolate and wipe away any excess. Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the remaining molten chocolate over each cookie once it has been dipped. Allow for full hardening of the chocolate.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer. Remove the ice cream from the baking pan and cut it into circles using a biscuit cutter. Between two cookies, make a sandwich. Serve right away, or store in an airtight jar for up to a month!
Challenge Dairy provided funding for this content. All content and thoughts are all mine. Thank you for helping to make Broma a reality by supporting the businesses that make it possible!
- best ice cream sandwich
- m&m ice cream sandwich