The Scotcheroos recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or time to make. It is also extremely easy and quick, and the best part? The finished product tastes like heaven! Plus they are so cute on top!.
The “how to make soft scotcheroos” is a recipe for Salted Caramel Scotcheroos. These are delicious and easy to make.
Look no further if you’re looking for a quick dessert dish that only takes 10 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to devour. Friends, meet this recipe for Salted Caramel Scotcheroos.
So here’s the deal: I cooked these beauties on Thursday at 4:30 p.m. I tried all in my power not to eat them because I wanted to picture them. I offered Alex a mouthful of one when he got home from work. “Wait, how many can I eat because they are fantastic,” he says. This was a huge thing coming from a rower who dislikes sweets.
“No, you can’t,” I answered, explaining that the light had gone out and that I couldn’t shoot them.
The night continued. Slowly but steadily, we began to gravitate toward the bars. We couldn’t wait any longer. As a result, we ate them. Well, four of them, to be exact.
Then we went out with friends for dinner and drinks on Saturday night. We were saying our goodbyes at 2 a.m., but then it occurred to me that I had Salted Caramel Scotcheroos at home. As a result, I invited them over. We all went back to our apartment in the bitter cold. Everything is for this scotcheroos recipe.
My out-of-town guest, who is now staying with us, ate one for breakfast the following morning. Then I did as well.
Okay, so… sure. I am a huge admirer.
To make delicious salted caramel Scotcheroos, follow these instructions.
Rice Krispies are a classic dessert. Scotcheroos are traditionally cooked with peanut butter and butterscotch, but I like to counteract the sweetness with salted caramel. Some of you may be put off by the fact that my Scotcheroos recipe calls for a handmade salted caramel sauce. But take my word for it: caramel sauce is shockingly simple to create.
To make caramel sauce, first melt the sugar in a skillet without adding any water or other liquid. Then, take the sugar off the heat and add some salted butter (we’re using both salted butter and salt in this recipe to really amp up the salty-sweet taste). The butter will begin to bubble furiously, which is exactly what you want it to do!
Stir in the heavy cream and salt to complete the caramel sauce, then add the peanut butter and whisk until smooth. You’re almost done producing these Scotcheroos after you’ve done that!
You could technically use store-bought salted caramel sauce instead, but what’s the fun in that?
Check out my gift guide series, particularly this one for photographers, if you haven’t already done so! And then go prepare this recipe for Salted Caramel Scotcheroos. If you’re feeling adventurous, spray the bars with extra caramel sauce or sprinkle with a bit of sea salt.
for the caramel salted
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 6 tblsp butter (salted)
- 1/2 gallon of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
in honor of the Scotcheroos
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- a total of 6 cups rice krispies
- 4 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper. Remove from the equation.
- Heat the sugar in a small saucepan over low heat, turning the pan gently every 20 seconds or so, until it’s fully melted. Remove from the heat right away and mix in the butter. The mixture will erupt in a flurry of bubbles. You’re doing everything correctly.
- Combine the heavy cream and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir everything together until it’s completely smooth. Toss in the peanut butter with a whisk.
- Fill a large mixing bowl halfway with rice krispies. Fold together the salted caramel peanut butter mixture carefully.
- Place the mixture in the prepared baking pan and smooth it out evenly. Remove from the equation.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips over low heat until completely melted. Pour the melted chocolate over the rice krispies and spread it out to the edges. Allow it cool fully before cutting into 2 inch squares (approximately 1 hour).
More simple dessert recipes may be found at:
Rice Krispies Treats with White Chocolate Funfetti
Snickerdoodle Bars with Bourbon
Blondies with a hint of chai
Crumble Bars with Blackberries
Oatmeal Bars with Dark Chocolate Figs
Watch This Video-
The “chocolate fig recipe” is a sweet and salty treat. It has chocolate, caramel, and figs in it. This recipe makes about 30 scotcheroos.
- easy scotcheroos
- scotcheroos near me
- caramel cashew bars
- cacao nib recipes vegan
- recipe for bakery brownies