Mint Mojito is a refreshing and healthy way to enjoy the springtime. The mint and rhubarb combination goes surprisingly well with rum, while lime adds an extra citrusy zing. With only six simple ingredients, this recipe can be whipped up in no time for a delicious drink that’s perfect for warm days ahead!
Rhubarb Mint Mojito is a refreshing summer drink that is perfect for any occasion.
A mojito was one of the first beverages I ever tried. Actually, it was a mocktail since I was 12 and it consisted of just mint syrup, lime, and sparkling water. However, the tastes were present. So that’s what we’ll name it.
I was really sucked in. The mint, which is delicious. Its syrupy sweetness is tempered by the acidic lime. And there’s the zing of sparkling water to cool you down. Baby, ooh.
In terms of personal events, the last two weeks have been a frenzy. In Ann Arbor, Michigan, I held my first ever #foodtographyworkshop. It was gorgeous, wild, motivating, and delightful, and I am so thankful for the people who decided to spend the week with us. I’ll be making a recap post shortly, so keep an eye out for that.
Then, three days later, I traveled to Boston for a press tour with Cercone Brown, my favorite public relations firm. A report on the trip will be available shortly. As soon as I get my mind straight again, that is.
Which brings us to the present. My voice has been hoarse for a week, so I’m sitting on my mother’s sofa in Boston, trying to talk as little as possible. I’m exhausted and getting a cold, but my heart is overflowing with appreciation for the incredible experiences I’ve had during the previous several weeks. Life is hectic, brief, and full of excitement and possibility, and all I can do is attempt to take it all in.
For the time being, that’s all I have to say. I hope you’re all having a wonderful week, and here’s to this drink!
To make the rhubarb mint simple syrup, combine the following ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- 2 cups rhubarb, coarsely diced
- 1 pound of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 fresh mint bunch
For the drink, combine the following ingredients:
- a few fresh mint sprigs
- 1.5 ounces simple syrup with rhubarb and mint
- lime juice, 2 ounces
- White rum, 1.5 ounce
- a dash of carbonated water
- 1 rhubarb stalk (for garnish) (optional)
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, water, and mint in a small saucepan over high heat. When the mixture reaches a boil, reduce to a low heat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring regularly. Remove the pan from the heat and strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer to remove all of the particles, leaving a brilliant pink simple syrup behind. Allow to cool fully before using.
- Place a few sprigs of fresh mint in the bottom of a rocks glass to prepare the drink. In a glass, muddle the ingredients, then top with crushed ice. Add the rhubarb mint simple syrup, lime juice, and rum, then a splash of soda water to finish.
- Peel one rhubarb stalk into fine ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Curl the rhubarb into a spiral to form it, then serve with extra mint and lime wedges as a garnish.
- Keep the simple syrup in the fridge for up to two weeks in a mason jar.
Watch This Video-
The “rhubarb summer drink” is a refreshing and tangy beverage that you can enjoy in the summertime. It is made with rhubarb, mint, lime juice, sugar, and soda water.
- rhubarb mocktail
- rhubarb cocktail
- rhubarb simple syrup
- rhubarb lemonade
- sparkling rhubarb drink