Rhubarb Almond Honey Cake is a sweet, moist cake that has the refreshing flavor of honey and rhubarb blended together. It’s an easy recipe with ingredients you may already have on-hand.
The “persian love cake” is a cake that has been around for quite some time. The recipe was created by an Iranian chef in the 1800s, and it was later adopted by other cultures.
Rhubarb is one of my favorite ingredients to use in baking. The color immediately makes you smile. Because of its adaptability, each dish is distinct and distinctive. The taste also lends itself to a wide range of partners.
This combination of ruby red rhubarb stalks, wildflower honey, and almond flour is a real hit.
It’s my favorite kind of dessert to create: one that’s easy to make and only requires one dish, yet looks rustically lovely and entices you to eat it.
The inclusion of Bob’s Red Mill almond flour is one of the things that makes this cake so special. It adds moisture to the cake and modifies the texture somewhat from a 100 percent all-purpose flour cake.
Bob’s almond flour bags are likewise the perfect size for me. The bigger packages are excellent for me since I go through almond flour so rapidly.
I’m bringing this to a dinner party today, and I’m really looking forward to serving it. It came together in 45 minutes, making it a fast and simple dessert for any occasion.
If you want to take this cake to the next level, top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
To make the rhubarb
- 7 rhubarb stalks (on the thinner side)
- a quarter cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons zest of orange
- 2 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
To make the cake
- a quarter cup of vegetable oil
- 3 big room-temperature eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar plus 1/4 cup
- 3/4 cup honey from wildflowers
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice + 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon zest of orange
- almond extract (two tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon extract de vanille
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour from Bob’s Red Mill
- 3/4 cup almond flour from Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- a quarter teaspoon of baking soda
- a quarter teaspoon of salt
Toss rhubarb in sugar, orange zest, and orange juice on a large sheet pan to coat. Allow to sit while you prepare the cake.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside a 9×13 pan lined with parchment paper.
Combine the vegetable oil, eggs, both sugars, honey, orange juice, orange zest, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well blended.
Rhubarb stalks should be cut to suit the length of the 9×13 pan. Remove the remaining stem parts and cut them into 1/2-inch pieces. Pieces should be folded into the cake batter.
Pour the cake batter into the pan that has been prepared. Add the longer rhubarb stalks on top.
Preheat oven to 350°F and bake cake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow for thorough cooling before serving.
Bob’s Red Mill is a sponsor of this content. Thank you for your continued support of the companies that make Broma possible!
This cake is a perfect balance of sweet and salty. It has a light and fluffy texture with a crunchy crust, topped with figs and honey. Reference: fig honey cake.
- honey cake with goat cheese frosting
- cardamom cake
- almond cake with cardamom and pistachio
- rose cake recipe
- rose and pistachio cake