This week I made two of the best desserts to come out of my kitchen. The Pecan Chocolate Chip Slice and Bake Cookies are very easy to make, but also a lot more complicated than they seem. They’re worth it though! If you want an extremely sweet dessert that’s perfect for Christmas time, try these cookies this holiday season!.
Pecan Chocolate Chip Slice and Bake Cookies are a delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe that is made in one bowl. This delicious treat is perfect for any occasion, whether it be a holiday or just because.
The only slice and bake cookies I knew were from the store when I was a kid. What about a homemade slice and bake? What exactly is it?
OH HOW I WISH I HAD KNOWN. For a variety of reasons, slice and bake cookies have become my new favorite thing:
1) They are the most adorable size. 2) They keep for up to 2 days in the fridge, so you can prepare them now and bake them later. 3) You may have four and not feel guilty. 4) They’re one of those deceptively basic baked items that appears like you spent a lot of time honing your baking skills. 5) They’re buttery, shortbready, and moist all at the same time?!
I could go on, but I’m sure you get the picture. To summarize, cookies that are cut and baked are AMAZING.
Because of the finely chopped pecans and chocolate chips, these Pecan Chocolate Chip Slice and Bake Cookies were exceptionally delectable.
Of course, we followed up by dipping the cookies in melted chocolate chips and topping them with even more crushed pecans. Yep. It appeals to me.
I used Ghirardelli’s Dark Chocolate 60 percent Cacao Baking Chips, which are my favorite chocolate chips.
These chocolate chips, unlike many others I’ve dealt with in the past, do not seize or dry out when heated. They’ll melt into whatever you’re preparing exactly as a good chocolate chip should.
I really like how the little chocolate striations in the cookies are created by carefully cutting the chocolate chips. What a lovely pair of shoes!
I bet you’ll like these slice and bake cookies this Christmas season, whether you’re 5 or 55. It’s time to start baking!
For the cookies, follow these instructions:
- room temperature 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (light)
- 1/3 cup sugar, granulated
- 2 big yolks of eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- a half teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate 60 percent Cacao Baking Chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
For the chocolate coating, follow these steps:
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli 60 percent Cacao Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Cream the butter for 30 seconds in a standing mixer equipped with a paddle attachment. For another minute, add both sugars and cream. Cream in the egg yolks and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt until they’re nearly completely blended. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the pecans and chopped dark chocolate baking chips.
- Place cookie dough on top of a big piece of plastic wrap. Wrap the dough securely in plastic wrap and roll it out into a 15-inch log. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until completely cooled. The log may be kept in the fridge for up to two days.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking pans with parchment paper. Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and slice it into 14-inch disks. Place disks 1 inch apart on cookie sheets that have been prepped.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the cookies for 15 minutes. If at all, cookies should be only a smidgeon of golden brown. Allow cookies to cool fully on baking pans before removing them.
- To prepare the chocolate coating, melt the baking chips in a double boiler over low heat while stirring constantly. Remove the cookies from the heat and dip them halfway into the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and place on a cooling rack.
Ghirardelli is a sponsor of this content. All content and thoughts are all mine. Thank you for your continued support of the companies that make Broma possible!
Watch This Video-
These “browned butter pecan chocolate chip cookies” are a delicious addition to any holiday or get-together. They’re easy to make and your guests will love them!
- butter pecan chocolate chip cookies
- pecan cookies recipe
- slice and bake chocolate and pistachio cookies
- roasted pecan chocolate chip cookies shirley
- oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with tahini