These whole wheat, sweet banana muffins are easy to make and taste absolutely delicious. They’re also vegan friendly!
These “whole wheat banana nutella muffins” are a healthy, delicious breakfast that is perfect to start your day. They are also vegan and gluten-free and can be made in under an hour.
I believe the world is divided into two groups: those who like muffins and those who do not. I am a member of the latter category. Muffins aren’t really my thing. If I’m going to eat carbohydrates, I’m going to choose between a crispy baguette and a fudgy brownie. So, baked items that are both floury and chocolate-free… What’s the purpose, I say? Then I baked these Whole Wheat Banana Muffins, and everything in my life changed.
When you take a bite, your taste senses explode. Banana! Oatmeal! A smidgeon of cimmamon! You won’t even notice you’re not eating a fudgy brownie or a gooey cookie since these banana muffins are so moist and tasty. You’re overjoyed to be eating these light and fluffy banana nut muffins.
So you’re eating a muffin and you’re thinking to yourself, “Wait, what’s that?” What about a nutty crunch? There are walnuts in there, to be sure! I mean, bananas and walnuts are a match made in heaven. Please, don’t make me laugh. Anyways. Yeah. They’re excellent gentlemen.
I used those lovely tulip muffin liners to make these whole wheat banana muffins, which meant they were as large as the bakery-style muffins you get at Dunkin’ Donuts (can you tell I’m from Boston?). However, I created the recipe using standard-sized muffin liners, assuming that most people would have them on hand.
So, if you want them to appear exactly like these, divide the batter equally into six tulips and bake them for an additional 5 minutes. Simply stick a knife into the top of the muffin to check if it comes out clean to see if it’s done.
- 1 1/4 cup extra ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 banana, chopped into 2 inch slivers to serve as a garnish (optional)
- 2 big room-temperature eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light)
- a third of a cup of vegetable (or coconut) oil
- 1 teaspoon extract de vanille
- 1 cup pastry flour (whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup flour (whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats + 2 teaspoons extra for topping
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- a half teaspoon of salt
- a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup walnuts, plus an extra 2 teaspoons for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside 10 muffin pans lined with muffin liners and sprayed with nonstick baking spray.
- Whisk together the mashed banana, eggs, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla extract in a large mixing basin.
- Fold in both flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon with a spatula until well blended. In the final few strokes of mixing, fold in 3/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pans, filling them 3/4 full. 2 tablespoons walnuts + 2 tablespoons oats in a small mixing dish Sprinkle on top of the muffins. Finally, place a 2′′ slice of banana on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then reduce to 375°F and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and set aside for at least 10 minutes before serving!
More simple muffin recipes may be found at:
Banana Muffins with Nutella Swirl
Breakfast Muffins with Blueberries and Bran
Muffins with Apple Crisp
Muffins with Chocolate Chunks
Muffins with Dirty Chai
The “moist banana muffin recipe” is a moist and delicious banana muffin recipe. The recipe has been made with whole wheat flour, giving it a healthier option for your morning breakfast.
- broma bakery banana muffins
- blueberry bran bread
- healthy banana bread muffins
- mini banana muffins
- vegan banana muffins