This recipe combines milk, eggs, lemon juice and poppy seeds to make a tangy flavor in this classic summertime dessert.
Lemon poppy seed bread pudding is a delicious dessert that can be made in one bowl. The recipe includes lemon zest, sugar, eggs and milk. The ingredients are mixed together with the dry ingredients and then the wet ingredients are added to the mixture. In the end, some of the batter is poured into a greased loaf pan and baked for 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Read more in detail here: lemon poppy seed loaf.
Today’s recipe is for Lemon Poppyseed Bread Pudding, but first let me tell you about my journey. I had the good fortune to spend the last week in Paris, and I believe I have fallen in love. It was the most gorgeous city I’d ever seen, and it put my previous love interest, New York, to disgrace. I’m hoping to get some photographs up shortly!
The cuisine. It. Was. Amazing. Every street was lined with cafes and brasseries, and the streets were bustling with attractive Parisians lazing the day away. I spent my days eating croissants and baguettes and never regretted a single mouthful. I did my best with the French I knew (oops, none) and decided to study French by the end of the week. It was the finest week of my life, and I’m still soaring on cloud nine.
In the meanwhile, I’m back in Boston for three days. For you all, Rebe and I decided to create this lemon poppyseed bread pudding! It’s really scrumptious. I believe (and hope!) that the French would be pleased.
Lemon poppyseed bread pudding with a zesty lemon taste and a delectable cream cheese strudel on top. Serve as a dessert, but it’s also good for breakfast.
Bread Pudding Ingredients:
- 5 1/3 cup day-old bread, sliced into cubes
- 1 gallon of milk
- 1 quart of thick cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 2 tbsp sugar + 1/2 cup
- half-lemon juice
- 2 lemons, zest
- 1 teaspoon extract de vanille
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
in order to make the cream cheese strudel
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- a third cup of sugar
- half-lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, boil the milk with the sugar over low heat (or in the microwave) until thoroughly dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool for 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream to this mixture in a mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in the eggs and egg yolks until well mixed. Combine the vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. Add the poppyseeds and mix well. Remove from the equation.
- In a separate dish, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice. Remove from the equation.
- Using butter, grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Half of the bread cubes should be arranged in a single, uniform layer. Place cream cheese dollops on top of the bread squares. Over the bread cubes, pour roughly 3/4 cup of the custard. Add the remaining half of the bread cubes on top. Dollop the rest of the cream cheese on top of the toast. Pour the remaining custard mixture evenly over the whole surface. Allow it come to room temperature for 1 hour at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator, covered, before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until pudding is set. Warm with the lemon sauce sprinkled on top.
Recipe taken from Asia’s Food Wanderings.
Lemon poppyseed bread pudding is a dessert that combines the flavors of lemon and poppy seeds. The dish is made with a healthy lemon poppy seed bread.
- taste of home lemon poppy seed bread
- hungarian bread pudding
- lemon poppy seed bread with buttermilk
- lemon poppy seed mini loaves
- lemon bread made with lemon pudding