One of the more popular cake recipes, Hummingbird Cake is named for its delicate spongy texture. It’s a simple recipe that requires basic ingredients – nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and eggs – hence why it became so well-liked over time.
This is a classic old fashioned hummingbird cake recipe. The cake has been around since the early 1800s and was originally made for children to give as gifts. It is now one of the most popular cakes in America.
I’d want to begin today’s post by mentioning how much I’ve been enjoying communicating with all of you recently. I’ve been attempting to respond to every post comment, Instagram tag, and email as quickly as possible. And I’ve noticed that the more I do it, the more connected I feel to you people.
Isn’t it self-evident? But it’s something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately, and I’m thankful to have such wonderful readers/followers/fans/FRIENDS.
Because did you know that a lot of blogs have followers that write comments about how stupid the blogger is, and how stupid they are, and how poorly the recipe failed? My readers, however, are not among them. You folks are very kind and thoughtful, leaving me comments like “just made this using cannabis butter.” “Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, (For evidence, see the -link).
So, (*wipes tear*) thank you for being you, you funny, great, nice people.
And now I’m enjoying a slice of cake. Cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake cake
Spring is on its way, therefore I prepared the most spring-like dessert I could think of: hummingbird cake. You may be wondering what hummingbird cake is. It’s essentially a super-moist cake with mashed banana, pureed pineapple, and a few special spices. This work of art is then frosted with a rich cream cheese icing and consumed in a matter of minutes.
In the baking world, the taste combination of banana and pineapple is quite understated. I’m not sure why, since it’s very great.
Especially when paired with a light cream cheese frosting with a dash of lemon. Oh, and put bee pollen and dried pineapples in the shape of flowers on top.
SPRANG BRAKE, SPRANG BRAKE, SPRANG BRAKE, SPRANG BRAKE
Alternatively, it may be like….spring. In a way. If you don’t live in the tundra that is the East Coast, that is. Sorry for the inconvenience, you guys.
Instructions for preparing a hummingbird cake
To make this hummingbird cake seem extra spectacular, I used three 6-inch cake pans once again. It will, however, bake just as well in two 8-inch baking pans. Both variations may use the same quantity of frosting.
If you’re interested in learning how to create dried pineapples, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the small brown buds that appear like holes from a pineapple using a sharp paring knife.
- Slice the pineapple into very thin pieces.
- Place pineapple slices on a silicon baking sheet and bake for 2-3 hours, turning them over every 30 minutes to ensure equal drying.
You’ll have the most beautiful dried pineapple that can also be used as fruit leather! I couldn’t stop myself from snacking.
for the icing
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 cup pineapple purée
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar (light)
- a quarter cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, big
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extract de vanille
- 2 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon powdered baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- a half teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped (plus extra for the topping)
for the cream cheese icing
- room temperature 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 3 1/2 CUP CONDITIONER’S SUCTIONER’S SUCTIONER’S
- milk, 1–2 teaspoons
- lemon zest (1/2 lemon)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease and line three 6-inch cake pans with parchment paper (alternatively, you can do two 8-inch pans).
- Combine the banana, pineapple, brown sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a separate basin. To activate the gluten, fold the dry components into the wet ingredients for at least 20 strokes. Combine the walnuts and fold them in.
- Pour the batter onto the prepared pans in an even layer. Allow to cool fully before frosting after baking for 30 minutes.
- To create the frosting, cream together the butter and cream cheese in an electric mixer or with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat for 30 seconds after adding the confectioner’s sugar, milk, and lemon zest.
- Flowers, dried pineapple, and bee pollen may be used to embellish the cake.
More spring dessert recipes may be found at:
Cake with Pina Colada Flavor
Donuts made with Robin’s Egg Carrot Cake
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is the best carrot cake I’ve ever had.
Tea Cake with Strawberry Almonds
Petit Fours with Coconut Lemon Curd
The “hummingbird cake allrecipes” is a recipe that includes cream cheese, walnuts, and chocolate. The cake has a light and fluffy texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do they call it a hummingbird cake?
A: To answer this, we have to understand what a hummingbird cake is. Its a batter that has been stirred so fast and for so long that it becomes foamy like bubbles in milk or egg whites, which gives it its name. These cakes are often made with other ingredients such as fruit puree and may be glazed before baking
What does a hummingbird cake taste like?
A: Hummingbirds are small birds that can hover in the air.
Do you need to refrigerate Hummingbird Cake?
A: There is no need to refrigerate any food other than dairy products.
- moist hummingbird cake
- small hummingbird cake recipe
- recipe for hummingbird cake
- hummingbird cake nigella
- martha stewart hummingbird cake