Tarts made from hazelnut and salted caramel with a chocolate icing. A classic, simple recipe for the best comfort food ever!
The “salted caramel and chocolate tart recipe” is a dessert that has been made with hazelnuts, salt, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, flour and cocoa powder.
Have you heard the one about the pie with a chocolate graham cracker crust, salted caramel, hazelnuts, and 60% dark chocolate?
Hazelnut comes early because he is ecstatic to see his buddies again.
Everyone knows they’re in love with one other, and if they just came out and said it, it would be so much less uncomfortable than them not making eye contact in public. Guys, everyone understands what I’m talking about.
Oh, and since he’s accustomed to being the responsible one, chocolate graham is definitely the designated driver.
And it’s a fantastic night full of laughter, hugs, and good times with old friends.
I’m writing this while eating one of these Hazelnut Salted Caramel and Chocolate Tarts. I should say tartlettes. I’m so delighted these old buddies reunited since my tongue and stomach are already experiencing the advantages.
A graham cracker crust with a nice crunch. Toasted hazelnuts are nestled in homemade salted caramel. And there’s a decadent chocolate ganache to tie it all together. More nuts and big flakes sea salt on top.
What’s not to like about that?!
Because there are so few components in these infants, quality is essential. A excellent dark chocolate bar is a must-have.
In these tarts, I used Ghirardelli’s 60 percent cocoa Baking Bars, which provide the ideal counterpoint to the sweeter caramel. It melts beautifully and forms a delicate but firm ganache that you just need for this dessert; otherwise, it would leak all over the place.
Making these tarts for Thanksgiving is a fantastic idea. Everyone get his own tart! Plus, miniaturizing anything makes it cuter, right?
Friends, have a wonderful day! Enjoy!
to make the crust
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- Ghirardelli 100 percent unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup
- brown sugar (three tablespoons)
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
in order to fill
- 1/2 cup sugar (granulated)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- heavy cream, 3 tablespoons
- a half teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted hazelnuts
to make the ganache
- heavy cream, 1/3 cup
- Ghirardelli’s 60 percent cocoa Baking Bars, 4 oz., chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside six mini tart shells on a baking sheet.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a large mixing basin. Mix well to blend, then press into tart shells (I made a precise indentation for my crusts using a half cup measurer!).
- Allow to cool fully after baking for 10-12 minutes.
- Place a small pot over low heat to prepare the salted caramel. Cook, stirring periodically, for 8-10 minutes, or until the sugar has fully melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat as soon as the sugar has completely melted and add the butter. Whisk until completely combined, then add 3 tablespoons heavy cream and salt. Allow to cool to a warm but not hot temperature.
- Fill the tarts with caramel until they’re almost filled. All except 2 tablespoons of the hazelnuts should be sprinkled in. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to cool.
- Toss the remaining 2 tablespoons of nuts in a food processor until coarsely minced. Remove from the equation.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, scald 1/3 cup heavy cream to produce the ganache. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the dark chocolate. Allow for a 5-minute rest period. After that, mix everything together. At this stage, the mixture should be completely smooth and melted.
- Remove the tarts from the freezer and top with ganache. Finish with flaky sea salt and the rest of the hazelnuts!
Ghirardelli is a sponsor of this content. All content and thoughts are all mine. Thank you for your continued support of the brands that make Broma possible!
Hazelnut Salted Caramel Chocolate Tarts are a delicious dessert that is perfect for any occasion. With the combination of chocolate and hazelnut, this tart will be your new favorite dessert. Reference: chocolate hazelnut caramel tart.
- salted caramel chocolate tart jamie oliver
- salted caramel tart nigella
- masterchef salted caramel tart recipe
- salted caramel chocolate tart bbc good food
- chocolate hazelnut tart