I love salads, especially those with a variety of leafy greens and sweet fruits. This green lentil salad is one that I enjoy making on occasion because it’s easy to make and full of flavor. The grilled peach adds an extra punch so this salad can be enjoyed for breakfast or dessert!
This lentil salad recipe is a great way to enjoy the summer. The green lentils are combined with fresh mint, red onion, and goat cheese for a refreshing side dish.
This green lentil salad with char-grilled peaches, goat cheese, and rosé vinaigrette takes advantage of peach season.
Lentils are one of my favorite foods. They’re filling, savory, and versatile in the kitchen.
Wait, ugh, I’m looking forward to lentil soup in the autumn. Guys, I’m definitely making it for you.
Though my tastes are ready for autumn (obviously), it’s still summer in this part of the world. The sun is shining brightly, the temperature is in the 80s, and there is rosé all day.
So, with this Green Lentil Salad with Grilled Peaches, Goat Cheese, and Arugula, I’m making the most of the rest of summer food.
Peaches are the archetypal fruit at the end of summer. They’re fresh and juicy, but warming tastes like cinnamon and ginger are nice.
There’s no ginger or cinnamon in this. That’s all I’m saying.
It’s also worth noting that this salad comes with a rosé vinaigrette. Because the summer of 2016 has unquestionably been the summer of rosé.
It’s all over the place. So why not include it in your salad?
Before charring your peaches, be sure to turn up the heat on your grill. Otherwise, your barbecue will be covered with peaches. Take my word for it.
To all of you, a very happy Wednesday. LOVE!
To prepare the lentils
- 1 1/4 cup cleaned and drained green lentils
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (adds a lot of flavor! although may also be submerged)
- a half teaspoon of salt
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- 3 cups arugula baby
For the peaches that have been barbecued
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced into 6ths after cored
- brushing with olive oil
- a pinch of salt
In order to make the rosé vinaigrette, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tblsp. of rosé wine
- lemon juice (two teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons mustard (hot)
- a half teaspoon of honey
- salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Bring the lentils, chicken stock, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and cover the saucepan.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until lentils are al dente and stock has completely absorbed. Allow lentils to drain in a strainer and cool fully.
- Preheat the grill to high heat for the grilled peaches. Brush peach slices with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt before serving.
- Depending on the power of your grill, place peaches on their side for 20-30 seconds. Cook for the same amount of time on the opposite side. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- To prepare the rosé vinaigrette, mix together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss the lentils, rosé vinaigrette, and arugula together to make the salad. Grilled peaches and goat cheese go on top of the salad.
Watch This Video-
- grilled peaches
- french lentils recipe
- puy lentils