They’ve been around for a while and are making their debut in stores this summer. This updated recipe has some of the best flavors and fun colors that Elvis fans love!
These “homemade popsicles” are a healthier, low-calorie alternative to store bought and they’re easy to make.
Peanut butter and banana, Elvis’ favorite combination, are combined in popsicle form with a decadent chocolate dip in these Elvis Popsicles!
Peanut butter and chocolate has always been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. It’s umami, richness, sweetness, and saltiness all rolled into one.
My sister and I came up with the idea for Zebra Droppings back in the day. It was nothing more than a tablespoon of peanut butter drizzled in melted chocolate and frozen (zebra because of the striped drizzle, duh). We were clearly bakers (read: sugar addicts) from the beginning.
So I’m a happy girl whenever I can combine peanut butter with chocolate.
Elvis Presley, like myself, was a tremendous lover of peanut butter and chocolate. As a result, I decided to give these newborns a regal moniker.
These ice pops, however, are created with non-fat greek yogurt, rather as Elvis’ famous butter-slathered peanut butter and banana sandwich on white. As a result, when you eat them, you’ll receive a lot of protein and a lot less calories than if you ate a regular Elvis-inspired meal.
Meanwhile, look at how PRETTY they are! They’re fantastic.
Oh! I nearly forgot about it! On Boston.com, I was interviewed about my life as a full-time food writer. You may read the article here if you want to learn more about blogging full-time and how I do it.
As a follow-up, I’d want to express my gratitude to my readers. It is only because of you that I am able to follow my passion. Your encouragement and support have kept me motivated to achieve, and I appreciate it. I adore all of you!
Follow Broma on these social media platforms to stay up to speed on all she’s doing:
Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | BlogLovin’ | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | BlogLovin’
To make the popsicles, combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1 cup plain (unsweetened) yogurt plus 2 teaspoons
- a third cup of sugar
- 1/2 gallon of whole milk
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon extract de vanille
- Mold for Popsicles
Regarding the chocolate
- 1 cup chocolate chips (bittersweet)
- 3 tblsp. shortening (vegetarian) (like Crisco)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- Blend peanut butter, yogurt, sugar, milk, banana, and vanilla extract on high until smooth in a blender or food processor.
- Fill the popsicle mold halfway with the mixture, insert the sticks, and freeze for at least 6 hours, ideally overnight.
- Make your chocolate after it’s totally frozen. Melt the chocolate chips and oil together in a double boiler over low heat. Dip each popsicle in the chocolate, then top with peanuts right away (the chocolate will harden quickly!).
Watch This Video-
The “baby popsicles” are a popular dessert in many countries. They are made by adding milk and sugar to the frozen juice of a fruit.
- popsicle recipes for kids
- best popsicles
- no churn coffee oreo ice cream