Healthy chocolate mousse is a dish that can be served in so many delicious ways. You could even make it with almond milk for an extra healthy option! With this simple recipe, you’ll have the perfect dessert to impress your family and friends.
Chocolate mousse is a popular dessert that can be made in many different ways. This recipe for “healthy chocolate mousse with cocoa powder” is easy, healthy and delicious.
HELLO, GUYS! This quick chocolate mousse is amazing. I photographed this at 9 a.m. one morning this week and couldn’t stop eating it. 9 a.m. For the love of God, I had just eaten my meal.
But I suppose that just goes to show how amazing this mousse is. What’s more, guess what? Thanks to a hidden ingredient, it’s now healthier. So I have no qualms about eating chocolate mousse at 9 a.m.
So, what is this mysterious ingredient? You guys, I’m talking about Greek yogurt. It’s almost a cup’s worth. I used it instead of heavy cream, which makes the mousse more healthier. As a result, instead of 500 calories per serving, you’ll be looking at half that.
It’s not that the calories are the only consideration. Because I’m a big believer that it’s not what you eat that makes you fat, but how much you eat.
However, when it comes to a treat like chocolate mousse, I appreciate that I can make it somewhat healthier while still enjoying all of the deliciousness.
You’d never guess this homemade chocolate mousse includes Greek yogurt after tasting it. It merely offers a faint taste when paired with the other components. The consistency is also excellent. With that characteristic whipped texture, it’s still creamy and rich.
Chocolate Mousse Instructions
Chocolate mousse is one of those dishes that never fails to wow, while being one of the simplest to prepare. You’ll only need a few ingredients to prepare this simple chocolate mousse recipe, which I’m sure you already have in your cupboard.
To begin, separate three eggs into yolks and whites, placing the yolks in one dish and the whites in another. Then, in a small saucepan, mix the yolks, yogurt, brown sugar, and flour and boil for a few minutes, stirring continuously (no lumps!).
Microwave the chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time until melted. (Because the chocolate is the star of the show, you’ll want to use the nicest chocolate chips you can find!) Add the chocolate chips to the pot after they’ve melted, then remove it from the heat to cool.
Do you recall the egg whites? They must be whipped until firm peaks appear. Slowly drizzle in the cooled chocolate mixture and stir until well mixed. You don’t want to knock the air out of the egg whites, so take your time with this step. They’re responsible for the airy and fluffy texture of this simple chocolate mousse.
That’s all there is to it! In about 20 minutes, you’ve prepared a delicious chocolate mousse. Give yourself a pat on the back; you’ve earned it. Actually, you deserve this handmade chocolate mousse, but you’ll have to wait two hours for it to cool in the fridge before you can have it… Sorry!
And, if my mother and sister are reading this, you’ve been requesting a chocolate mousse recipe for years, and I’m happy to report that this one is now blog-worthy. It’ll be a hit with you guys.
- 3 big eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt (non-fat) (I used Chobani)
- a quarter cup of light brown sugar
- flour (two tablespoons)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dark)
- Whisk together egg yolks, Greek yogurt, brown sugar, flour, and sea salt in a small saucepan. Place over low heat and cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly. Melt your chocolate chips in a double boiler or in the microwave in the meanwhile.
- Take the pan from the heat and stir in the melted chocolate. Allow to cool before serving.
- Whip egg whites to stiff peaks in a standing mixer. Drizzle in the melted chocolate mixture slowly, folding gently to avoid deflating the egg whites. Fold until the mixture is completely homogeneous.
- Fill 8 tiny ramekins halfway with mousse and chill for at least 2 hours (up to 5 days) before serving! Whipped cream and chocolate shavings are optional additions.
More chocolate treats may be found at:
Chocolate Madelines dipped in chocolate
Cookies with Giant Bourbon Chocolate Oatmeal Raisins
Sable Cookies with Pistachios and Chocolate
Tart from the Black Forest
Fudge Pie with Triple Chocolate
Chobani sponsored an Instagram post for me, and I liked the dish so much that I had to share it here as well!
The “healthy chocolate mousse no sugar” is a recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to make. It is made with cocoa powder and honey, which makes it taste like real chocolate.
- 3 ingredient healthy chocolate mousse
- healthy chocolate mousse without avocado
- healthy chocolate mousse with greek yogurt
- 2 ingredient avocado chocolate mousse
- 3 ingredient avocado chocolate mousse