The trend of combining flavors and textures to create something different has recently taken the world by storm. With so many new combinations popping up, it can sometimes be hard to keep track. If you’re trying to get started in this trend, these coconut salmon tacos are a great place to start!
The “blackened salmon tacos” are a delicious, and easy to make dish. The blackening spice gives the salmon a nice crunch. They are also great for parties.
Coconut salmon tacos with a handmade jalapeo pineapple salsa and sriracha mayo, marinated in coconut milk, lime, and ginger. Taco Tuesday just got a whole lot better.
So Taco Tuesday is a day late for me. Please accept my apologies. But, for the sake of argument, let’s say it’s Tuesday once again. Because, you know, TACOOOOS.
To be honest, if I had a dog, I’d name him ‘Taco.’ Because the word ‘enchilada’ is simply too long.
These aren’t your average tacos. Salmon tacos with a coconut marinade. The marinade is, hands down, the greatest I’ve ever prepared.
I have to admit, I’m not the greatest chef when it comes to meat. It’s simply not my area of expertise. But, if I do so so myself, I’m really decent at marinades.
Don’t allow the fact that you don’t prepare meat very frequently dissuade you. The marinade takes care of everything.
There’s also a killer jalapeo pineapple salsa. So fravorfur it is.
A sriracha mayo, too.
From mac & cheese to this mayan polenta bake, I’ve been pouring sriracha on everything recently. It really appeals to me.
Loves, have a wonderful Wednesday. XO
Salmon with a coconut marinade
- 1 coconut milk can (full fat)
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- a half teaspoon of salt
- a quarter teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 pound filet of salmon
To make the jalapeo pineapple salsa, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 minced jalapeos
- 2 limes, juiced
- salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
To prepare the sriracha mayonnaise, whisk together the mayonnaise and the sriracha., whisk together the mayonnaise, the sriracha, and
- 2 tblsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
For the other ingredients,
- tortillas made with corn
- 1/2 purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 15 ounces of black beans
Making the salmon
- In a quart-sized ziplock bag, combine the coconut milk, lime juice and zest, ginger, salt, and cayenne. Place the fish in the bag and close it tightly to exclude as much air as possible.
- Place the bag in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but up to 6 hours, to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to broil mode. Aluminum foil should be used to line a baking pan. Place the fish on foil after removing it from the marinade.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until the filet is just cooked through (depending on thickness). Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Break the salmon into pieces with a fork. Remove from the equation.
To create the jalapeo pineapple salsa, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Allow for at least 15 minutes of marinating time for the flavors to meld.
To make the sriracha mayonnaise
- Combine the sriracha and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl.
tacos to assemble
- Tacos with coconut-marinated salmon, purple cabbage, black beans, jalapeo pineapple salsa, cilantro, and sriracha mayo
- salmon tacos with slaw
- tilapia tacos recipe
- what to put on fish tacos