Whip up this delicious treat while you watch your favorite show! They are easy to make and perfect for a holiday dessert.
The “pistachio meringues ottolenghi” are a delicious and crunchy dessert that is perfect for any occasion. They are easy to make, and they can be made with whatever ingredients you have on hand.
Meringues with chocolate and pistachio spoons. Mmmmm.
I came up with the notion of a “spoon meringue” since I didn’t want to use a piping bag to produce meringues. Because not everyone has piping bags, but I know we all want to be able to produce lovely meringues.
So, use one spoon and pick up the meringues, then use another spoon to push them off the spoon and onto the baking pan.
The spoon meringue was formed as a result of this.
For warmer days, the combination of a crisp and light meringue, dark chocolate, and a touch of pistachio is ideal. You get the light sweetness of a meringue while also satisfying your never-ending chocolate yearning (please tell me I’m not the only one who has this problem).
The pistachios, although modest, provide a lot of flavor to these meringues. The pistachio taste comes through minimally since the meringue has such a mild flavor character.
These beauties also just take around 10 minutes to prepare, making them a quick treat that will free up time for you to do the things you like.
So go ahead and enjoy these Dark Chocolate Pistachio Spoon Meringues without further ado!
- 4 room temperature egg whites
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- a quarter teaspoon of cream of tartar
- a half teaspoon of salt
- 3 oz. chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate for 30 seconds, then stir. If it hasn’t entirely melted, microwave it for additional 15 seconds. Allow to cool somewhat before preparing the meringue.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Using parchment paper, line a large cookie sheet.
- Whip the egg whites on high speed in a standing mixer equipped with the whisk attachment until bright and frothy. Slowly whisk in the sugar, cream of tartar, and salt until stiff peaks form and the sugar granules are entirely absorbed.
- Remove the meringue from the mixer and drizzle melted chocolate on top. It will naturally swirl when you spoon it, so don’t mix it!
- Scoop the meringue onto the prepared cookie sheet with two big spoons. Between scoops, clean your spoons. Finish with a pistachio sprinkle.
- Bake the meringues for 1 hour, then turn off the oven, crack the door slightly, and let the meringues dry out for at least another hour before serving!
Watch This Video-
This is a recipe for chocolate pistachio spoon meringues that are made with a pistachio meringue roulade.
- pistachio meringue cake
- pistachio meringue pavlova
- pistachio meringue cookies
- pistachio cookies
- pistachio dacquoise