These soft and chewy blondies are the perfect dessert for a chilly autumn night. They’re made by whipping together brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract until everything is well-combined so no lumps remain. The result creates an easy batter that bakes up into golden bars of pure delight without any extra effort at all!
These are chai brownies that have a chewy, fudgy texture. They’re perfect for fall and winter!
It’s not every week that I make anything from the blog twice. We already have a Coconut Lemon Tart, Seedy Quinoa Chocolate Bark, and three leftover savory meals from photoshoots at our home.
But Alex and I couldn’t get enough of these bars. The consistency is an f-l-a-w-l-e-s-s f-l-a-w-l-e-s f-l-a-w-l-e They’re chewy and juicy without being too thick. We couldn’t stop eating the freshly ground cardamom since it was so bouncy and wonderful. So, just for kicks, we created a second batch.
The simplest of sweets may sometimes be the most satisfying. This is shown by these bars. Alex has brought over the tupperware container they’ve been kept in and a large glass of milk every night for the previous four evenings. We’ve sat on the sofa and devoured these delicacies, relishing every mouthful.
Now, although I highly suggest preparing your own chai spice mix, as detailed in the recipe below, you can also purchase chai spice mix from certain specialist grocery shops. If you go this way, add 1 tablespoon of chai spice blend to the mix.
I hope you all have a great time creating these bars this weekend (heheh). YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!
pertaining to the bars
- melted butter, 6 tblsp.
- 2 tablespoons oil (vegetable)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- a single huge egg
- 1 teaspoon extract de vanille
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour plus 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- a pinch of cinnamon
- a half teaspoon of ginger
- a quarter teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- a half teaspoon of salt
for the garnish
- 2 tbsp. sugar (granulated)
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside an 8×8 baking pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Cream the melted butter, vegetable oil, and light brown sugar on high speed for 30 seconds in a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix for another 30 seconds after adding the egg and vanilla essence.
- Combine flour, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, black pepper, baking powder, and salt in a separate basin. Combine the dry and wet ingredients in a mixing bowl and pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture over the bars. Allow to cool fully before cutting into squares after baking for 25 minutes!
Watch This Video-
The “chai bars recipe” is a delicious dessert that can be made with ingredients such as ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and nutmeg. The recipe calls for baking the blondies in an 8×8 pan at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- fluffy blondie recipe
- chai cookie bars
- maple chai blondies
- chewy blondies recipe
- sour cream blondies