Butternut squash is one of the most nutritious vegetables, full of fiber, vitamin C and beta-carotene. It’s also gluten free so it can be enjoyed by all . Try this recipe for a fall twist on tart tatin!
This recipe is a butternut squash tart that is glazed with a sweet cinnamon and sugar mixture. The pastry dough for the crust is made from puff pastry, which makes it extra flaky and delicious.
November, welcome to the month. Also, welcome to my stomach, butternut squash tart.
Glazed Butternut Squash Tart is delicious, sophisticated, and surprisingly simple to make!
- 1 pound butternut squash, halved lengthwise and chopped into quarter-inch slices
- 1/2 cup sugar (granulated)
- 3 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 puff pastry sheet (8 ounces) from the supermarket
- 1 8-ounce jar warmed apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Arrange squash slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with melted butter and a quarter cup of sugar. Roast for 30-45 minutes, rotating halfway through. When they’re done, take them out of the oven and reduce the heat to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, roll out the puff pastry sheet into a 14′′x6′′ rectangle and lay it on another baking sheet coated with parchment paper. Cover with parchment paper and a second baking sheet. Prick the pastry with a fork to allow for air to escape throughout the cooking process. Preheat the oven to 375°F and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Before constructing, let it cool to room temperature.
- While the dough is baking, combine the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the puff pastry. On top, arrange the candied squash. Warm the preserves until they are warm to the touch before spreading them over the potatoes. Finally, top with pecans that have been chopped. Cut the triangles into triangles and serve!
Food and Wine provided the inspiration for this recipe.
This tart is made with butternut squash, gruyère cheese and thyme. It’s a delicious fall dish that will make your mouth water. Reference: butternut squash gruyère tart.
- squash pastry tarts
- butternut squash mushroom
- butternut squash mushroom galette
- butternut squash and mushroom pie
- butternut squash and mushroom bake