Bourbon is a spirit made from fermenting grain mash that has been aged in charred oak barrels. It is typically 42% alcohol by volume, and can be brandies at 60%.
Bourbon is a type of whiskey made from grain mash. There are many bourbon brands, but the most famous one is Jim Beam.
Nanner is a kind of bread. Brrn Burrdur nanner bread is a kind of bread made in the Burrdur region of Iceland. With figgies soaking in brrbn. Today I’m a bit insane, but let’s go with it.
Banana bread is a tasty treat that I like making again and again. There are so many delicious variations on the basic banana bread, from lavender-infused banana bread to Nutella-swirled banana bread. The twist for today is a boozy one. I prepared a whiskey fig swirl to go with the nutty brown butter banana batter. It’s warm and inviting while yet seeming curiously summery. It appeals to me.
This handmade banana bread might be served with coffee for morning, tea for an afternoon snack, or whiskey for an after-dinner treat. Or you could do all three.
Tips for making banana bread include the following:
Use overripe bananas — You’ll need overripe bananas to produce the tastiest brown butter banana bread. I’m talking overripe to the point that the exterior is practically black. If your bananas aren’t quite ripe but you still want to create banana bread, poke a few holes in them and bake them for 10-15 minutes at 350oF. Remove the peels from the oven when they are golden brown and cool to room temperature before adding them to the banana bread batter.
Use whole milk or full-fat plain yogurt – For the moistest banana bread, use whole milk or full-fat plain yogurt. In this brown butter banana bread, full milk yogurt makes a huge difference!
Use whatever sort of milk you have on hand – in fact, with this banana bread recipe, you may use any kind of milk you wish. Brown butter banana bread will be moister and more delicious if you use milk with a greater fat content, but any milk will suffice.
Banana bread freezing instructions
It’s really easy to freeze banana bread for later use. If you wish to reheat the pieces separately, slice the bread as usual, then put it flat on a baking sheet and freeze it. The slices should be firm enough to stack in a freezer baggie after one hour. (You don’t want to put them in the bags immediately soon since they’ll be squashed.)
Wrap the whole loaf of brown butter banana bread in plastic wrap 2 to 3 times before wrapping it in foil to freeze. Freeze the whole loaf in its original state, then defrost in the refrigerator before serving.
I’m exhausted after getting up at 7 a.m., which is out of the ordinary for me, so I’ll leave you with this adorable bread and wish you a wonderful weekend!
For the fig bourbon swirl
- 1/2 cup chopped dried black mission figs
- a half-cup of bourbon
- 1/2 gallon of water
- a pinch of salt
Bread made with bananas
- 1 pound of butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar (light)
- 2 bananas, ripe and mashed
- 2 big room-temperature eggs
- 1/2 cup whole-milk yogurt, plain
- a quarter cup of milk (any kind will do)
- 1 teaspoon extract de vanille
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, white
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- a half teaspoon of salt
- Heat the dried figs, bourbon, water, and a bit of salt in a small saucepan over medium low heat for approximately 15 minutes. When the figs are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated (if measuring, there should be 1/2 cup of liquid left), the mixture is ready.
- Blend the contents in a blender until it is completely smooth. Allow this cool for a few minutes while you prepare the banana bread batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Using parchment paper, line a big loaf pan. Remove from the equation.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring the pan every 20 seconds or so. Warm the milk solids until they become a light golden brown hue. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine brown sugar, mashed bananas, and brown butter in a large mixing basin. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk together the flours, baking soda, and salt in a separate basin. Gently fold in the batter until it is just incorporated.
- Half of the batter should be poured into the loaf pan, followed by half of the bourbon fig mixture. Spread it out evenly over the batter and don’t swirl it yet! Finish with the rest of the banana bread batter. Scoop tiny dollops of the leftover bourbon fig spread into the batter this time. Gently mix everything together with a knife.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow it cool for a few minutes before eating.
More banana bread recipes may be found at:
Bread with Bourbon Bananas and Cherries
Banana Bread Carrot Cake
Banana Bread with Chocolate Peanut Butter
Bread with Chai Streusel with Chai Chai
Banana Bread with Brown Butter
Watch This Video-
Kentucky Bourbon is a type of bourbon whiskey that has been produced in the United States since the early 1800s. It is made from a grain mixture that includes corn, rye, and barley. Reference: kentucky bourbon.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is difference between whiskey and bourbon?
A: Bourbon is a type of whiskey made in the U.S., whereas whiskey can be used to make bourbon, as well as other whiskeys such as Scotch or Irish Whisky.
Is Jack Daniels a bourbon?
A: Yes, it is a bourbon.
Is bourbon a whiskey or liquor?
A: Bourbon is a type of whiskey that originated in Kentucky. It can be made anywhere, but its not considered to be distilled if the distillery doesnt own or operate more than 10 stills.
- best bourbon
- bourbon vs whiskey
- bourbon price
- best bourbon 2021
- bourbon alcohol content