Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes are delicious, especially when eaten on your birthday. They’re easy to make with a cupcake recipe that’s been around for decades and the ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen cabinet!
Nigella Lawson has created a chocolate brownie cupcake recipe that is perfect for your next celebration. The dessert is simple to make and the ingredients are easy to find.
September is the month with the most birthdays, in case you didn’t know. That’s what I’ve heard, at least. Though my birthday is in July, I’m craving birthday cake again by September, thus this timing is ideal in my [belly’s] perspective. So, yeah, they are birthday brownie cupcakes, but it’s totally up to you who’s birthday it is. Is it your pal’s? Is that your cousin’s house? Is it your cat’s?
I created a brownie cupcake instead of a “regular” chocolate cupcake. A cupcake having a rich, fudgy consistency, for example. It’s thicker than a conventional chocolate cake, with a richness that’ll make you want another slice. Right now, I’m gazing at these photographs and thinking to myself, “How friggin adorable are these cakes?” Gah. Cupcakes are such a joy to eat.
Regardless of whether you have a birthday or not, these birthday cupcakes will leave you feeling happy and satisfied. Yeeeee!
How to frost cupcakes: a step-by-step guide
It takes some skill to frost cupcakes, but it’s extremely straightforward. If you can, get your hands on some piping tips and a piping bag or Ziploc baggie. Fill the piping bag or one corner of the Ziploc baggie with buttercream, then place the piping tip inside. Snip the tip off the bag after the buttercream is inside to allow the piping tip to poke through.
You’ll need a star-shaped piping tip if you want to pipe the icing on as I did in this brownie cupcake recipe. Hold the piping bag directly over the cupcake and carefully squeeze the frosting over the cupcake from the inside out. (See this icing tutorial for more thorough instructions.)
What if you don’t have any piping tips? That’s all right! Simply take a spoon and spread some frosting on top of these nasty guys. Your brownie cupcakes will look quite elegant after you add the sprinkles.
Regarding the cupcakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (I use Challenge butter!) melted and cooled
- a quarter cup of sugar
- 2 eggs, big
- 1/2 gallon of milk
- 1 teaspoon extract de vanille
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (dutch-processed)
- 1 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- a quarter teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
To make the icing
- room temperature 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- cocoa powder, 3/4 cup
- a third of a cup of powdered sugar
- 14 cup of milk
- vanilla extract (two tablespoons)
- a half teaspoon of salt
- sprinkles of rainbow
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cupcake molds should be used to line 12 cupcake pans. Remove from the equation.
- Mix the butter and sugar for 2 minutes on high speed in a standing mixer equipped with the paddle attachment. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla essence.
- Mix in the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt on low speed.
- Bake for 20 minutes after pouring into muffin forms. Remove the pan from the oven and cool thoroughly on a cooling rack.
- Make the icing while the cupcakes are cooling. For 2-3 minutes, cream the butter and cocoa powder together until the cocoa powder lightens in color. 1 minute after adding the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and salt, beat until light and fluffy.
- Fill a piping bag with frosting and a big star tip to decorate the cupcakes. Starting in the centre and going outwards, swirl the icing around the cupcake. Continue to spiral the frosting up the cupcake in a pyramid shape until it is completely frosted. Sprinkle rainbow sprinkles on top!
More brownie treats may be found at:
Ice Cream Sandwiches with Blackberries and Brownies
Chocolate Cocoa Brownies with Caramel Filling
Mocha Brownies with Oreo Crumbles and Coffee Frosting
Brownie with Salted Caramel Skillet
Brownies with Trail Mix
Watch This Video-
The “duncan hines brownie cupcakes” is a moist chocolate cake that is filled with cream cheese frosting. The cake is topped with chocolate chips and crumbled pieces of brownies.
- pillsbury brownie cupcakes
- betty crocker brownie cupcakes
- mini brownie cupcakes
- ghirardelli brownie cupcakes
- how long to bake betty crocker brownie cupcakes