Beaches, yoga, and cake pops

A recent study showed that over 80% of people’s top three foods are desserts. What does this mean for the future of food, and what can we learn from it?

The “hummingbird cake pops” is a new type of cake that has been popping up all over the place. It’s made with coconut milk, and it’s delicious!

This week, we’re in Nova Scotia, Canada, visiting our family’s home. We’re also eating cake pops. Our home is located on Bell’s Island, one of the LaHave islands, in a northward-facing inlet. It’s my all-time favorite location. And, despite the fact that the islands had been experiencing a lot of terrible weather before to this week, the weather has been perfect so far. Every day, we’ve went to the beach, and the water is shockingly warm for up here! Rebe and I went into town with our grandmother/Noni to do errands the other day, and we stopped at a lovely spot called the Bulk Barn. It’s a supermarket with every single food item you can imagine in bulk containers, making it simple to purchase as little or as much as you like. I discovered chocolate of all kinds along the first aisle. The second aisle is dedicated to plumbing supplies. The third item is cake mix (by this point my head was full of ideas for what I could bake with all this stuff). The final aisle was brimming with sprinkles of all colors and sizes. “Wait, but…,” I murmured as I stared at Rebe. “I’m smitten with bulk barn.”

Cake pops won out in the end due to their overall deliciousness. Everyone (or at least those that matter…) enjoys cake. Everyone like finger foods. What better way to eat cake than in a bite-sized piece topped with sprinkles? So we got our goods (lollipop sticks, cake mix, white chocolate wafers, and $0.06 worth of pink, blue, yellow, and rainbow sprinkles) and made our way to the register.

Now that I’m back on the island, I’m trading music with a friend, Simone, and heading down to the dock to do some sunset yoga. Perhaps another cake pop. It’s a beautiful day.

Print

  • Sofi is the author of this piece.
  • Time to Prepare: 30 minutes
  • 30 minutes to prepare
  • 1 hour total time
  • 1 batch yields 50 cake pops.
  • Dessert is a category of food.
  • Baked method
  • American cuisine
  • Sofi is the author of this piece.
  • Time to Prepare: 30 minutes
  • 30 minutes to prepare
  • 1 hour total time
  • 1 batch yields 50 cake pops.
  • Dessert is a category of food.
  • Baked method
  • American cuisine

Scale:

1x2x3x

  • Sofi is the author of this piece.
  • Time to Prepare: 30 minutes
  • 30 minutes to prepare
  • 1 hour total time
  • 1 batch yields 50 cake pops.
  • Dessert is a category of food.
  • Baked method
  • American cuisine

Ingredients

for the icing

  • 1 box vanilla cake mix (per package guidelines)
  •  Vanilla frosting (16 oz. can)

for the purpose of coating

  • White chocolate wafers, 1 pound

Additional:

Sticks for lollipop

Instructions

  1. Crumble the cake into a big mixing bowl when it has been baked and cooled fully.’
  2. 1 can frosting, properly mixed (I mix everything together using the back of a big spoon, although fingers would be easier.) But be warned: it will be a shambles. Also, you may not need the full can of frosting, so start with nearly all of it and add more if necessary.)
  3. Roll the mixture into quarter-size balls and put on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
  4. In a double boiler over medium heat, melt 90% of the chocolate. Once the chocolate has melted, reduce the heat to low and add the remaining 10% of the chocolate. Stir with a whisk until fully dissolved. For approximately 2 minutes, raise the temperature to medium. The chocolate should be ready to use now that it has been tempered. If it begins to solidify, just re-melt it by turning on the heat for a minute.
  5. Dip the tip of your lollipop stick in melted chocolate before inserting it into the cake balls. (Place a bit less than halfway through.)
  6. To firm them up, place them in the freezer for no more than 10 minutes.
  7. When the chocolate coating is hardened, gently place the cake ball into it while holding the lollipop stick and spinning it till it is completely coated. When the chocolate is all coated, gently tap and rotate the pan until the extra chocolate falls away.
  8. If you tap too hard, the cake ball will also fall off.
  9. To dry, place in a styrofoam block.
  10. Decorate anyway you’d like with sprinkles after the chocolate is almost dried!

 

Watch This Video-

“Broma red velvet cake” is a delicious dessert that has been featured on the Food Network. It is made of cream cheese, butter, and cocoa powder. Reference: broma red velvet cake.

Related Tags

  • broma bakery lava cake
  • silk cake
  • lemon silk cake
  • broma bakery bundt cake
  • magic water cake recipe

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll to Top