Bananas Foster Waffles are a decadent recipe that combines two popular dishes: bananas foster and waffles. This dish is ideal for picnics or breakfast, so you might want to make it when you have a guest over for brunch! The mouth-watering smell of this sweet treat would be sure to bring them back the next time they visit your home.
The “bananas foster sauce no rum” is a recipe that uses bananas, brown sugar and butter to create a dish. It is typically served over waffles.
Over a pillowy banana rum waffle, serve Bananas Foster Waffles with ice cream with vanilla flavor, nuts, and caramelized rum bananas. Yahm.
For the longest time, I’ve wanted a waffle maker. And I’ve been putting off obtaining one for a long time.
The only waffle recipe I have is from 2011, which you can find in the Broma archives. It’s even a cookie waffle rather than a genuine waffle.
There’s no justification for this. Without a waffle maker, a house isn’t a home.
So, a few weeks ago, I went online and got the first waffle maker I came across. I even came up with the idea for these Bananas Foster Waffles before the waffle machine arrived.
It’s astonishing how simple it is to create flawless waffles. So please accept my apologies if I wind up baking a waffle every month. I’m sorry, but I can’t help myself.
Also, as a youngster, did you ever pour maple syrup (syrup) into each and every waffle crater before eating it? Yes, I’m one of them.
For the next two weeks, I’ll be going to Boston, Nova Scotia, and then back to Boston. Weee!
I’ll still be writing and stuff, but you can keep up with my experiences on Snapchat (sarahfennell) and Instagram (sarahfennell).
Loves, have a wonderful almost-weekend. Blessings. Waffle away.
To make the waffles
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 tablespoon powdered baking soda
- a half teaspoon of cinnamon
- a quarter teaspoon of salt
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 gallon buttermilk
- 3 tblsp. rum (dark)
- a quarter cup of vegetable oil
- 2 big room-temperature eggs
- 1 tbsp extract de vanille
In order to foster bananas
- a half cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rum (dark)
- maple syrup (two teaspoons)
- 4 tbsp. butter (I like to use Challenge butter!)
- 3 bananas, lengthwise cut
Ingredients not listed
- pecans, chopped
- vanilla ice cream
- maple syrup
- Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing basin. Combine the banana, buttermilk, rum, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry components, just swirling until they are completely incorporated (do not overmix!).
- Between each batch of waffles, spray the waffle iron with nonstick spray. Pour batter into mold and bake until done to your liking.
- Make the bananas foster while the waffles are cooking! Melt the brown sugar, rum, maple syrup, and butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Turn the heat to medium and add the bananas after the butter has melted. Flip the bananas with a spatula to ensure consistent cooking. Cook for about 5 minutes total, or until the bananas are golden brown and have absorbed virtually all of the sauce.
- To serve, spread some bananas foster on each waffle, then top with vanilla ice cream, chopped pecans, and maple syrup!
The “bananas foster recipe” is a dish that consists of bananas, dark rum, and brown sugar. The ingredients are then cooked on a stovetop or in the oven until they become fragrant and caramelized. It’s served with vanilla ice cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is banana Foster made of?
A: Bananas, butter, brown sugar and rum.
What flavor is banana Foster?
A: Its a type of dish that is usually served with vanilla ice cream and caramelized bananas.
Can you use whiskey instead of rum in Bananas Foster?
A: Bananas Foster is traditionally made with rum, though you can substitute the dark brown sugar for any type of molasses or honey.
- bananas foster waffles new orleans
- banana foster waffles near me
- bananas foster pancakes
- banana waffles
- bananas foster sauce for french toast