Desserts are the most popular food in the world. They can be sweet, savory or both depending on how they’re made and what ingredients you add. There’s no shortage of dessert recipes to choose from online – so why not try one today?
The “quick & easy desserts” is a list of 29 classic and easy dessert recipes. They are all quick, easy, and delicious.
All of the greatest traditional quick sweets that any baker should have in her recipe box may be found right here! These simple recipes, which range from traditional chocolate chip cookies to handmade vanilla cake, are sure to delight. Make a note of these simple sweets so you’ll always have them on hand!
If you’re trapped at home with some extra time on your hands and can’t find any all-purpose flour (I’ve tried three grocery shops and they’re all out), you could be seeking to perfect all those simple recipes in your inbox. Consider this your recipe box, my loves, as we’ve gathered all of our favorite traditional treats in one location. We’re delighted to share it with you.
What are some of the most well-known desserts?
Classic desserts are the tried-and-true recipes that everyone has in their recipe collection. While we like a delicious caradamom pistachio coffee cake and s’mores cookies, they aren’t the traditional uncomplicated sweets that your grandmother used to make. Snickerdoodles, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, and chocolate chip banana bread are all on the menu. And since you’re stuck at home, this is the ideal opportunity to make these simple treats to cement those wonderful fundamental recipes in your recipe box!
Basic ingredients for simple desserts:
The majority of these simple sweets are created using things you probably already have in your cupboard! There are no speciality flours, strange spices, or unusual ingredients in this recipe. Our whole pantry list can be found here, but here are a few items that should always be in your pantry:
- Sugar Granules
- Brown Sugar is a kind of sugar that is used
- Flour for All Purposes
- Powdered cocoa
- Butter that has not been salted
- creme fraiche
- Soda (baking)
- Baking soda and powder
- Chips in chocolate
- Colored Food
You’re in a pinch for certain ingredients, but you’re dead bent on cooking a particular recipe? For all your baking substitution requirements, check out our Ultimate Baking Substitutions Guide!
Recipes for Traditional Cookies
When you’re in the mood to bake, cookies are one of the easiest treats to make. These traditional sweets are simple to make, delightful to eat, and store well. They’re also great for sharing!
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies – It’s no surprise that chocolate chip cookies are the most popular quick dessert. This recipe for the BEST chocolate chip cookies of all time is soft, buttery, and chock-full of chocolate, and it will literally alter your life.
- Snickerdoodles in a Pillow – These pillowy fluffy snickerdoodles melt in your mouth!
- Sugar Cookies – Every baker’s recipe box should have a traditional sugar cookie recipe. This delicate, chewy sugar cookie recipe is ideal for cutting out for any occasion!
- Peanut Butter Cookies – These soft, chewy peanut butter cookies are the ideal combination of salty and sweet!
- Cookies made with oats – These gooey oatmeal raisins cookies, made with old fashioned oats, raisins, and chocolate chunks, are the ideal hearty treat to make up!
- Macarons – For all the keys to beautiful, smooth macarons every time, check out our failsafe macarons!
Cake Recipes from the Past
I don’t know about you, but baking a cake from scratch has always intimidated me. However, making homemade cake is a great thing to do when you’re stuck at home. It’ll make any day seem like a birthday, and it’s one of the more difficult traditional dessert categories, ideal for expanding your baking skills.
- Vanilla Cake – This delicious and delicate vanilla cake is far from ordinary! For the ultimate homemade vanilla cake, follow our step-by-step instructions.
- Chocolate Cake — This rich and fudgy chocolate cake goes nicely with a thick chocolate buttercream!
- Is there anything more enjoyable than a funfetti cake? I don’t believe so. This funfetti cake is a festive treat that will make any day seem like a party.
- Funfetti Cupcakes – I retract my previous statement; funfetti cupcakes are much more enjoyable than cake.
- Carrot Cake – Life is Carrot Cake. This one is extremely delicious, with carrots, pineapple, and just the right amount of spiciness!
Recipes for Traditional Bread and Muffins
We gathered all of our simple recipes for all of the traditional muffins and breads you can think of, from banana bread to blueberry muffins! Make one of these simple sweets for breakfast or a late-afternoon snack!
- Basic Muffins – With 9 various versions, you can customize this excellent muffin foundation with anything you have on hand!
- Blueberry Muffins – Trust me when I say that these blueberry muffins are the greatest you’ve ever had.
- Chocolate Chip Muffins – Is there ever a good reason to eat chocolate for breakfast? These muffins are buttery and delicious, with melty chocolate in every mouthful.
- Muffins with Peanut Butter and Bananas — These guilt-free muffins are made with just 6 ingredients: peanut butter, honey, bananas, oats, eggs, and baking powder.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread — If you happen to have a few brown bananas on hand, make this traditional chocolate chip banana bread!
- Classic Zucchini Bread – This zucchini bread is densely packed with zucchini and has the most dreamy, soft crumb! To make it more interesting, add chocolate chips, raisins, or walnuts.
- Cinnamon Buns – Nothing beats fresh cinnamon rolls prepared from scratch!
Brownie and Bar Recipes Classic Brownie and Bar Recipes
You’ll find every fundamental brownie and bar recipe here, from cheesecake brownies to blondies, to use as a springboard for all the fun add-ins of your dreams! Make a note of these delicious traditional recipes so you’ll always have them on hand.
- The Best Brownies – These brownies are fudgy and cakey at the same time, giving you the best of both worlds.
- Fudgy Brownies – If you’re searching for a recipe for extremely fudgy homemade brownies, look no further!
- Brownies with Cheesecake – Why pick between cheesecake and brownies when you can have both?
- Blondies are a kind of dessert. This traditional blondie recipe is the ideal foundation for all of your extras!
Recipes for Traditional Pies
Pie is the ideal comfortable home made dish, buttery and tasty. With a dollop of vanilla ice cream, serve these traditional recipes! From fruit pies to cream pies to hand pies and everything in between, we have it all!
- Crust for a Perfect Pie – The key to this flaky, buttery, and soft pie crust is icy cold vodka! I know it seems strange, but bear with us!
- Pumpkin Pie – It’s not only for Thanksgiving anymore! This beautiful pumpkin pie comes together in a flash and is extremely simple to prepare!
- Bourbon Pecan Pie — This buttery, nutty pecan pie is the ideal salty sweet treat you’ve been craving!
- Cherry Pie– We topped his cherry pie with a delectable crumb topping, but you can also use a traditional lattice pie crust for a picture-perfect cherry pie!
- Pie with Chocolate Cream – This chocolate cream pie is simple to prepare and even easier to eat! It’s luscious, fudgy, and sinfully chocolaty!
- Is there anything more evocative of America than a warm apple pie? No. You’ll adore this apple pie recipe, which is made with fresh apples and a splash of cinnamon.
And that’s it; your recipe box is now complete. We hope you appreciate these surefire recipes for years to come as much as we do. Make a note of these tried-and-true quick recipes so you’ll always have them on hand!
The “classic french desserts” are a popular dessert that is loved by many. These desserts are easy to make and have been around for a long time. They include chocolate mousse, crème brûlée, and tiramisu.
- easy desserts with few ingredients
- easy winter desserts with few ingredients
- easy healthy mini desserts
- easy sweets to bake
- classic dessert recipes